Friday, January 22, 2010

It's The Sam Wot Won It

SAC ATTACK CRACKS HACK, BLACK

Sam Collins v Tim Spanton

Hastings Masters, 2009/10


BRIT 45 MINUTES FROM DOOM

1. e4 e5

UP YOURS, E4

2.Nf3 Nc6
3.Bb5 Nf6
4.0-0 Nxe4


I'M MARRIED TO THE BERLIN WALL

5.Re1 Nd6
6.Nxe5 Nxe5
7.Rxe5+ Be7
8.Nc3 Nxb5?


SPANTON'S LOST IT


9.Nd5 0-0??

SPANTON'S A RIGHT PLONKER

10.Nxe7+

EASY

10...Kh8
11.Qh5 g6
12.Qh6 Re8



13.Rh5!



1-0

SUPER COLLINS WENT BALLISTIC, SPANTON WAS ATROCIOUS


[from an original concept by Jonathan B]

8 comments:

Martin Smith said...

I'm referring that post to the Press Complaints Commission on the grounds of plagiarism, and schadenfreude.

Jonathan B said...

This turned out much better than it would have done if I'd have written.

Is Captain Cash still about? Perhaps Tim could write in and ask for the 24 euros it would take to secure this from Quality Chess.

ejh said...

I should also have acknowledged Rupert Murdoch for inspiration (and for doing more to degrade British cultural and political life than any other individual during my lifetime).

Anonymous said...

Super Caley go ballistic Celtic are atrocious! Come on ejh - even you have to admit it- that's classic.

Anonymous said...

By the way Timothy R Spanton is an anagram of I-Oh, My Pants TN - rot.

I'm sure someone else can do better. In case any older people don't know - pants is yoofslang for rubbish.

ejh said...

Super Caley go ballistic Celtic are atrocious! Come on ejh - even you have to admit it- that's classic

And also borrowed off, I think, a Mirror headline of the Sixties (when it was, I think, QPR who were atrocious).

Anonymous said...

QPR atrocious? Surely some mistake. Stan Bowles passes one defender, passes two, oh a lovely lob. Goooooooooooal!

Jonathan B said...

... and off to the bookies